1. Choose location of mufflers. The best places are usually near the ceiling, where the likelihood of an accidental rip in the paper/metal skin is least likely. Near the floor is not a good location.
2. Mark a 36” section on the PVC where the muffler will be located.
3. Using a reciprocating saw, cut 20, one inch long slits into the pipe. Make these slits along at least 3 sides of the pipe. All four sides is ideal. Each slit should run the width of the pipe and should be about 3/4” apart.
[singlepic id=38 w=320 h=240 float=]
4. Peel apart pipe insulation. There is a seam that runs the length of the insulation, peel it back and remove the tape that cover the glue that is already on the insulation.
5. Wrap insulation around pipe, making sure to cover all slits.
[singlepic id=39 w=320 h=240 float=]
6. Secure pipe insulation with adhesive side of seam.
7. Wrap duct tape around ends of insulation. Both ends must be taped. No insulation should be visible at either end of pipe.